Now celebrating its 20th year producing ‘word+image’ art, Koco New York continues to set industry standards for emotionally literate communication. Its international distribution channels include prestigious museums, book stores, department stores, boutiques and e-tailers.
Until recently, Koco New York remained very much an offline, organic and hand-made brand, but founder Janeen Koconis decided to explore the online world to see if she could expand her business there. It was a challenge that Bing Productions was happy to embrace.
Koco New York online objectives
- To have a website that looks and feels the same as the offline hand-made material.
- To engage with viewers and tell the Koco New York story.
- To develop sales mechanisms to convert offline purchases into online purchasable items.
- To fully embrace the digital world.
How we helped
- Design and build of a full flash website with deep linking xml to create an intuitive user journey through the entire site. Intro videos were shot on location in Paris (there are 6 unique openings to the site).
- There are two mini sites linked to the main flash site. The first is a Koco New York blog to allow the writer element of Koco New York to speak to the world. The other is an ecard subscription site. We converted all of Koco New York’s offline products into digital, deliverable e-products so that their customers can spread the word online and create a revenue stream from ecard subscriptions.
- We developed an online marketing strategy, harnessing the power of social media to engage with new customers and to connect with people who have been Koco customers anytime during the past 20 years.